Sushil K. Gupta POMS Distinguished Service Award
The Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) created the Sushil K. Gupta POMS Distinguished Service Award at its annual meeting in Chicago, April 20, 2012, to recognize contributions made by those members who substantially contributed to the growth of the Society. The award was named after Dr. Sushil K. Gupta to honor him for his dedicated services to POMS.
The third Sushil K. Gupta POMS Distinguished Service Award will be given at the POM 2015 Annual Conference Awards Ceremony in Washington, D.C. to recognize dedicated individual(s) who have served POMS over time—measured in years.
Minimum Criteria: The recipient must be a long-standing member of POMS. The recipient must have significantly enhanced the general welfare of POMS members through service contributions. The recipient must have served POMS members for a minimum of 6 years in one or more significant leadership roles. The recipient must be a POMS member in good standing.
Award: The recipient(s) would receive an award along with a $2,000 honorarium. The recipient(s) would receive a lifetime POMS membership.
- The Sushil K. Gupta POMS Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee this year (referred to as the Selection Committee hereafter) is chaired by Professor Kalyan Singhal, University of Baltimore.
- Members of the Selection Committee are not eligible for the award.
- The Selection Committee can select at most two persons to receive the award each year.
- The nominee(s) identified by the Selection Committee must be approved by a majority vote of the POMS Board members.
- The award may be granted only once to any individual POMS member.
Award Committee Members:
- Kalyan Singhal (Chair), University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, U.S.A.
- Sushil Gupta, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, U.S.A.
- Gal Raz, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.A.
- Glen Schmidt, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
- Qi Annabelle Feng, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.A.
Nominations for the award should be sent to Professor Kalyan Singhal (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Sushil Gupta (email@example.com) by November 30, 2014.
- Complete biographical information: title, affiliation, address, e-mail address, telephone.
- Brief scholarly biography (maximum 1 page)
- Brief description of meritorious service achievements including all roles, duties, and responsibilities for POMS service. Service contributions include service on the POMS Board, elected offices, appointed offices, conference general or program chair, major committee chair, track chair, college officer, POM journal departmental editor, and the like). (maximum 3 pages)
- The nomination packet must include letters of nomination from a minimum of three POMS members (in good standing). The letters of nomination should specifically outline the reasons for the nomination as well as the candidate’s achievements. In addition, letters of nomination must specify whether or not nominations may be carried forward for a year if the candidate is not selected in the year the nomination is submitted. Self-nominations are not accepted. (Each letter may not exceed 2 pages.)
- A 500 word statement to be used as a press release.
- The nomination packet should be submitted as a single pdf file.
The Selection Committee may waive the required documentation from a nominee if deemed necessary.